Last week we hosted the first Kaggle’s House Prices workshop. In this blog post we’ll recap some highlights from the workshop. Ok, let’s dig in.
First, thanks for voting for your favorite charity!
With the unprecedented circumstances facing our global community, Arrikto is looking for even more ways to contribute. With this in mind, we thought that in lieu of swag we could give workshop attendees the opportunity to vote for their favorite charity and help guide our monthly donation to charitable causes. The charity that won this workshop’s voting was the National Pediatric Cancer Foundation (NPCF). The NPCF is a nonprofit organization dedicated to funding research to eliminate childhood cancer. We are pleased to be making a donation of $100 to them on behalf of the workshop attendees. Again, thanks to all of you who attended and voted!
About the Kaggle Competition
With 79 explanatory variables describing nearly every aspect of residential homes located in Ames, Iowa, Kaggle’s House Prices competition challenges data scientists to predict the final price of each home.
What topics were covered in the workshop?
- Overview of Kubeflow
- Installing Kubeflow
- About the House Prices – Advanced Regression Techniques Competition
- Turning the House Prices competition into a Kubeflow Pipeline with the KFP SDK
- Turning the House Prices competition into a Kubeflow Pipeline with the Kale JupyterLab extension
- Comparing the Methods
What did I miss?
Here’s a short teaser from the 1 hour workshop where Jimmy walked folks through how to create a Kubeflow Pipeline for Kaggle’s House Prices competition using the Kale JupyterLab extension.
Want to see more? Here’s the YouTube playlist of all the demos featured in the workshop.
Ready to get started with Kubeflow?
Arrikto’s Kubeflow as a Service is the easiest way to get deployed and have a pipeline running in under 5 minutes. Comes with a 14-day free trial with no credit card required. Click to get started.
Try More Use Cases for Yourself
If you’d like to walk through more Kubeflow use cases yourself, visit Arrikto Academy. Here’s some of the available courses:
- Kaggle’s Open Vaccine COVID-19 mRNA Vaccine Degradation Prediction
- Kaggle’s Titanic Disaster Survivor Prediction
- Kaggle’s Blue Book for Bulldozers Machine Learning Example
- Dog Breed Classification Example
- Distributed Training and Model Serving
- Kaggle’s Digit Recognizer Machine Learning Example
Missed the June 22 workshop?
If you were unable to join us last week, but would still like to attend a workshop in the future, register for one of these upcoming workshops.
You can also sign up for the next House Prices Workshop on Sep 7 directly here.