On July 6th we hosted the “Intro to Kubeflow: Katib Training and Certification” prep course. In this blog post we’ll recap some highlights from the class.
Congratulations to Rob Cao!
The first attendee to earn the “Katib” certificate at the conclusion of the course was Rob Cao who works at choreograph! A coupon code for the Arrikto Community Store is yours, well done!
First, thanks for voting for your favorite charity!
With the unprecedented circumstances facing our global community, Arrikto is looking for even more ways to contribute. With this in mind, we thought that in lieu of swag we could give workshop attendees the opportunity to vote for their favorite charity and help guide our monthly donation to charitable causes. The charity that won this workshop’s voting was the National Pediatric Cancer Foundation (NPCF). The NPCF is a nonprofit organization dedicated to funding research to eliminate childhood cancer. We are pleased to be making a donation of $100 to them on behalf of the workshop attendees. Again, thanks to all of you who attended and voted!
What topics were covered in the course?
This initial course aimed to get data scientists and DevOps engineers with little or no experience familiar with the fundamentals of how Kubeflow works.
- Kubeflow Fundamentals Review
- Katib Basics
- Getting Started with Katib
- Navigating the Katib UI
- Running Katib Experiments
- Kale Basics
- AutoML Example: Kaggle’s OpenVaccine Notebook
- AutoML Example: Kaggle’s Bulldozers Notebook
What did I miss?
Here’s a short teaser from the 90 minute training. In this video we show you how to use Katib and Kale inside of Kubeflow to perform hyperparameter tuning on Kaggle’s OpenVaccine notebook.
Missed the July 6 Kubeflow Pipelines training?
If you were unable to join us this week, you can sign up for upcoming Fundamentals, Notebooks, Pipelines and Kale/Katib courses here.
Alternatively, you can sign up for the next “Katib Fundamentals” course directly here.
NEW: Advanced Kubeflow, Notebooks and Pipelines Workshops
We are excited to announce a new series of FREE workshops focused on taking popular Kaggle and Udacity machine learning examples from “Notebook to Pipeline.” Registration is now open for the following workshops:
- Jul 13: The Kaggle Covid-19 OpenVaccine Machine Learning Example
- Jul 14: Introduction to Kubeflow: Kubeflow Fundamentals
- Jul 28: Introduction to Kubeflow: Pipelines Fundamentals
- Aug 10: Advanced Kubeflow & MLOps Workshop
- Aug 17: The Kaggle Blue Book for Bulldozers Machine Learning Example
- Aug 24: The Kaggle Facial Keypoints Detection Competition
If you are ready to put what you’ve learned into practice with hands-on labs? Then check out Arrikto Academy! On this site you’ll find a variety of FREE skills-building labs and tutorials including:
- Kubeflow Use Cases: Kaggle OpenVaccine, Kaggle Titanic Disaster, Kaggle Blue Book for Bulldozers, Dog Breed Classification, Distributed Training, Kaggle Digit Recognizer Competition
- Kubeflow Functionality – Kale, Katib
- Enterprise Kubeflow Skills – Kale SDK, Rok Registry