On March 16th we hosted the “Intro to Kubeflow: Pipelines Training and Certification prep course. In this blog post we’ll recap some highlights from the class, plus give a summary of the Q&A. Ok, let’s dig in!
Congratulations to Rakesh Arumalla!
The first attendee to earn the “Pipelines” certificate at the conclusion of the course was Rakesh Arumalla who works at Red Ventures. A free MiniKF hoodie and shirt is on the way, well done!
First, thanks for voting for your favorite charity!
With the unprecedented circumstances facing our global community, Arrikto is looking for even more ways to contribute. With this in mind, we thought that in lieu of swag we could give workshop attendees the opportunity to vote for their favorite charity and help guide our monthly donation to charitable causes. The charity that won this workshop’s voting was Society of Women Engineers. It is a not-for-profit educational and service organization that empowers women to succeed and advance in engineering and be recognized for their life-changing contributions as engineers and leaders. We are pleased to be making a donation of $100 to them on behalf of the Kubeflow community. Again, thanks to all of you who attended and voted!
What topics were covered in the course?
This initial course aimed to get data scientists and DevOps engineers with little or no experience familiar with the fundamentals of how Kubeflow works.
- Kubeflow Fundamentals Review
- Pipeline Basics and Concepts
- Pipelines Architecture
- Pipelines SDK and CLI
- Navigating the Pipelines UI
- Advanced Pipelines Topics
- Getting Pipelines Up and Running
- Pipelines Example: Kaggle’s Titanic Disaster Example
- Pipelines Example: Udactity’s Dog Breed Computer Vision Example
What did I miss?
Here’s a short teaser from the 90 minute training. In this video we show you how to navigate the various Pipeline related views inside the Kubeflow UI after uploading a computer vision pipeline.
Missed the March 16 Kubeflow Pipelines training?
If you were unable to join us last week, you can sign up for upcoming Fundamentals, Notebooks, Pipelines and Kale/Katib courses here.
NEW: Advanced Kubeflow, Notebooks and Pipelines Workshops
We are excited to announce a new series of FREE workshops focused on taking popular Kaggle and Udacity machine learning examples from “Notebook to Pipeline.” Registration is now open for the following workshops:
- Mar 23: Kaggle’s Blue Book for Bulldozers Machine Learning Example
- Mar 31: Advanced Kubeflow Workshop (9:00 am PDT)
- Apr 6: Udacity’s Dog Breed Classification Computer Vision Example
- Apr 20: Kaggle’s Titanic Disaster Machine Learning Example
- Apr 21: Advanced Kubeflow & MLOps Workshop (3:30 PM IST)
- May 11: Kaggle’s OpenVaccine Machine Learning Example
If you are ready to put what you’ve learned into practice with hands-on labs? Then check out Arrikto Academy! On this site you’ll find a variety of FREE skills-building labs and tutorials including:
- Kubeflow 101: Learn Kubeflow basics
- Kale 101: Transform Jupyter Notebooks into Kubeflow Pipelines
- Katib 101: Automated Hyperparameter Tuning for Models in Kubeflow Pipelines