On March 30th we hosted the “Intro to Kubeflow: Katib Training and Certification prep course. In this blog post we’ll recap some highlights from the class.
First, thanks for voting for your favorite charity!
With the unprecedented circumstances facing our global community, Arrikto is looking for even more ways to contribute. With this in mind, we thought that in lieu of swag we could give workshop attendees the opportunity to vote for their favorite charity and help guide our monthly donation to charitable causes. The charity that won this workshop’s voting was UNHCR. The UN Refugee Agency (UNHCR) is a global organization working to save lives, protect rights and build a better future for refugees, internally displaced communities and stateless people. This charity helps ensure that Ukrainians forced to flee their homes are sheltered and safe. We are pleased to be making a donation of $100 to them on behalf of the Kubeflow community. Again, thanks to all of you who attended and voted!
What topics were covered in the course?
This initial course aimed to get data scientists and DevOps engineers with little or no experience familiar with the fundamentals of how Kubeflow works.
- Kubeflow Fundamentals Review
- Katib Basics
- Getting Started with Katib
- Navigating the Katib UI
- Running Katib Experiments
- Kale Basics
- AutoML Example: Kaggle’s OpenVaccine Notebook
- AutoML Example: Kaggle’s Bulldozers Notebook
What did I miss?
Here’s a short teaser from the 90 minute training. In this video we show you how to use Katib and Kale inside of Kubeflow to perform hyperparameter tuning on Kaggle’s OpenVaccine notebook.
Missed the March 30 Kubeflow Pipelines training?
If you were unable to join us last week, you can sign up for upcoming Fundamentals, Notebooks, Pipelines and Kale/Katib courses here.
NEW: Advanced Kubeflow, Notebooks and Pipelines Workshops
We are excited to announce a new series of FREE workshops focused on taking popular Kaggle and Udacity machine learning examples from “Notebook to Pipeline.” Registration is now open for the following workshops:
- Apr 6: Udacity’s Dog Breed Classification Computer Vision Example
- Apr 13: Training Course: Kubeflow Fundamentals
- Apr 14: Kubernetes & Kubeflow Workshop
- Apr 20: Kaggle’s Titanic Disaster Machine Learning Example
- Apr 21: Advanced Kubeflow & MLOps Workshop (3:30 PM IST)
- Apr 27: Training Course: Jupyter Notebooks Fundamentals
If you are ready to put what you’ve learned into practice with hands-on labs? Then check out Arrikto Academy! On this site you’ll find a variety of FREE skills-building labs and tutorials including:
- Kubeflow 101: Learn Kubeflow basics
- Kale 101: Transform Jupyter Notebooks into Kubeflow Pipelines
- Katib 101: Automated Hyperparameter Tuning for Models in Kubeflow Pipelines