Need to catch up on what’s happening in the Kubeflow community? Arrikto has got you covered. This is what our first (of many) monthly updates is all about!
Latest Kubeflow & Arrikto News, Blogs and Videos
Here’s a small sample of the latest Kubeflow and Arrikto news, blogs and videos that were posted in the last few weeks.
News and Blogs
- 5 New Kubeflow 1.3 Features that Machine Learning Engineers Will Love
- Kubeflow Community approves release process in its Kubeflow Release Handbook
- Kubeflow 1.3.1 release candidate is available for testing. Production version due July 29
- Kubeflow Deployments Targeted in New Crypto-mining Campaign
- Detecting new crypto mining attack targeting Kubeflow and TensorFlow
- Arrikto Named a Cool Vendor by Gartner
- Kubeflow 1.3 Release Overview
- Introducing the Kale SDK
- AutoML on Kubeflow with Kale
- Using the Kale SDK to log pipeline metrics
- Simplify ML Pipeline Automation and Tracking using Kubeflow and Serverless Functions
- KFServing and KF Pipelines present their Roadmaps (Jun 22)
- Notebook, Manifests, AutoML and Training Operators present their Roadmaps (Jun 29)
Community Slack, GitHub and Mailing List Roundup
At the end of June the Kubeflow Slack channel was 5,807 members strong! If you work at Slack (or know who to contact), we’d love to expand the 10,000 message limit for this server.
Please DM @Mathew Wicks on Slack if you think you can help.
Here’s the GitHub stats for the month of June for a few of the various Kubeflow projects we contribute to and track the progress of at Arrikto.
- Kubeflow: 229 contributors, 10,454 stars, 32 new issues
- Pipelines: 190 new issues
- Katib: 23 new issues
- Kfserving: 58 new issues
- Manifests: 34 new issues
If you are looking for Kubeflow discussions via email, subscribe to the kubeflow-discuss mailing list.
Meetups, Events and Community Calls
It’s still too early for us to get together in person, but it doesn’t mean we can’t get together virtually to learn and discuss topics related to Kubeflow and MLOps! Arrikto has taken the initiative to set up a network of a dozen vendor neutral “Data Science, Machine Learning, MLOps and Kubeflow” Meetups in several major metros. Sign up and check out the calendar of upcoming talks.
Are you interested in speaking at a future Meetup?
Is your company interested in sponsoring a Meetup?
Would you like to be a co-organizer of a local Meetup? Send one of the organizers/hosts a message on Meetup.com!
Mark your calendars for the upcoming KubeCon North America conference happening Oct 11-15 in Los Angeles. Given the circumstances it will be a hybrid event, with opportunities to participate both in person and virtually. Arrikto is excited to once again be a sponsor of “Kubernetes AI Day” happening on Oct 12 as a co-located event. Make sure to register for this event!
Reminder! The Kubeflow community call happens every Tuesday. This call alternates weekly between US East/EMEA and US West/APAC friendly times. Joining the kubeflow-discuss mailing list will automatically send you calendar invitations for the meetings, or you can subscribe to the community meeting calendar above. Finally, you can check out the Kubeflow 1.3 Release Retrospective to learn what worked and what can be improved in subsequent releases.
Arrikto’s Commitment to the Kubeflow Community
At Arrikto, we are active members of the Kubeflow community having made significant contributions to the latest 1.3 release. Our projects/products include:
- MiniKF, a production-ready, local Kubeflow deployment that installs in minutes, and understands how to downscale your infrastructure
- Enterprise Kubeflow (EKF) is a complete machine learning operations platform that simplifies, accelerates, and secures the machine learning model development life cycle with Kubeflow.
- Rok is a data management solution for Kubeflow. Rok’s built-in Kubeflow integration simplifies operations and increases performance, while enabling data versioning, packaging, and secure sharing across teams and cloud boundaries.
- Kale, a workflow tool for Kubeflow, which orchestrates all of Kubeflow’s components seamlessly.
Arrikto is a fast growing company with offices in San Mateo, CA and Athens, Greece. We are looking for a Bay Area-based or remote community manager to join the Arrikto team.
Why is finding a great community manager critical to our long-term success?
- MLOps is quickly becoming a necessary discipline at companies deploying machine learning at scale. We need an advocate to demonstrate how Kubeflow can be an essential component of any MLOps toolkit.
- Kubeflow is a fast growing community with dozens of new developers getting involved everyday. We need an advocate that can enable them to become active participants in the Kubeflow and MiniKF community.
- Arrikto’s community of customers includes fast growing startups and Fortune 500 companies. We need an advocate to help us feed their learnings and contributions back to the Kubeflow community.
You can learn more about the community manager position and apply here.
Kubeflow skills are in demand! Check out this small sample of notable companies on Indeed looking for Kubeflow expertise:
And of course, Arrikto is also looking for qualified candidates for the following roles:
- Director of Education (Bay Area or Remote)
- Director of Marketing (Bay Area)
- Director of Marketing – Campaigns and Lead Development (Bay Area or Remote)
- Developer Relations Engineer (Bay Area or Remote)
- Full Stack Engineer (Greece)
- Frontend Engineer (Greece)
- DevOps Engineer (Greece)